Monday, September 8, 2014

A Brief Tour of Very Colorful Scammon Bay, Alaska



My first sight of my new home from the little plane's window!

Scammon Bay, Alaska---It's big sky here!

Tundra with Kuzilvak Mountain in the distance.

Eastern sky at about 8 am

Purple House!

Red House!

Yellow House!

Green House!

And yes, an orange house!

Fuel Station and Parts Store near the Kun River.

Berry pickers up on the hill behind the school

Power Plant

National Guard

U.S. Post Office

Medical Clinic

Scammon Bay School and Playground---Home of the Eagles!  
Fishing boats

Covenant Church

Spring-fed creek.

Sunrise over the tundra.

Teacher housing near the school

Scammon Bay, Alaska

Oh. And a pink house!

Beautiful baby.
I've named it "Killer Hill". It's very steep and I must walk it to get home from the village.
Great cardio workout and my calf muscles will be rock-hard soon!
Sunset over the Bering Sea.

1 comment: